AMTNJ’s 27th Annual Two-Day Conference
Growth Mindsets in Mathematics
Implementing the New NJ Mathematics Standards
Thursday, October 26 and Friday, October 27, 2017
National Conference Center
East Windsor, New Jersey
Under the general theme indicated above, each day has its own sub-theme:
Thursday October 26, 2017
“Constructing Viable Arguments and Critiquing the Reasoning of Others: How Do We Make That Happen?”
- Mathematics Practice Standards/Growth Mindsets in Mathematics
- Equity in the mathematics classroom
- Technology, manipulatives and tools to deepen student understanding
- Mathematics leaders (administrators, supervisors, coaches, mentors, lead teachers) supporting teachers in creating student-centered classrooms
Friday October 27, 2017
“Assessing Students’ Ability to Demonstrate Understanding as Well as Procedural Fluency”
- Creating and implementing standards-based assessments
- Strategies to improve formative assessment of student learning
- Activities and games that help promote conceptual understanding
Yoshida says, “The themes listed for the individual days are the overall intention for the day. However, quality proposals that would be beneficial to our members but that are not consistent with the theme will still be given serious consideration and will also be acceptable for the program.”
They anticipate this conference will be well attended as they have had numerous inquiries regarding the Standards and Assessment expectations from educators seeking the most current information and resources. Teachers’ deep understanding of the topics listed above influences the quality of their instruction and the anticipated learning outcomes.
The deadline for submission of your proposal is: May 30, 2017. You will receive a confirmation that your submission was accepted by the end of June.
AMTNJ President-Elect Thomas P. Walsh may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AMTNJ President Makoto Yoshida may be reached at email@example.com.
The letter to potential speakers is found at: Speaker Proposal Letter.
If you are willing to participate in our conference as a presenter, the speaker proposal form may be accessed at:
Submit A Proposal