Math Art Contest
(Co-sponsored by AMTNJ and NJAMTE)
Art of various forms inspires wonder, joy, creativity, and engagement. We invite students enrolled in a teacher certification program to submit an original artwork based on the theme: “How do you show your love of mathematics?”.
We encourage you to work with a math teacher educator at your university to brainstorm ideas and gain mentorship.
Who Can Enter
Any student enrolled in an education program at a college of university in New Jersey during the Spring 2023 semester.
What To Submit
- Your original artwork in any medium that portrays your love of mathematics.
- Media options can include, but does not have to be limited to 1) handmade art, 2) graphic/computer generated art, 3) poem or vignette, 4) dance video (max 5 minutes), 5) music video (max 5 minutes).
- Artwork should be submitted as a high quality photograph, short video (mp4 file) – maximum 5 minutes, or a text file (depending on your media).
- Original means that a) you made it yourself, and b) it doesn’t contain any copyrighted material.
- A short title and 100-150 word description of how you have shown your love of mathematics. Have this ready to copy into the Submission Form.
How To Submit
Fill out Submission Form – further submission instructions are in the form.
All submissions must be made on or before April 7th, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
A panel of judges will select up to 3 winners based on the following criteria:
- Originality of artwork
- Connection of artwork to theme
- Connection of description to artwork and theme
The following prizes will be awarded:
- Free registration for AMTNJ Fall Conference
- Honored at AMTNJ Conference
- Invitation to publish in NCTM MTLT Journal – For the Love of Mathematics department. Winners will be mentored by an editor for the MTLT journal to enter their submission for publication.
- Sponsoring Mentor of Winners:
- Free registration for NJAMTE Annual Conference (June 2023)
Before distributing prizes, we reserve the right to verify a contestant’s eligibility and application information.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].